[sr-dev] executing tm:branch-failure event_route also when t_relay() fails?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue May 14 07:20:28 CEST 2013

Hugh Waite writes:

> I can't remember if branches using TCP that fail to establish a
> connection generate a 408 Timeout response or not (eventually).

no, i get this immediately when t_relay() fails to dead tcp destination:

SIP/2.0 477 Unfortunately error on sending to next hop occurred (477/TM).

> If an immediate error is detected, like a TCP connection failure,
> perhaps a different 'fake' reply, similar to timeout could be generated
> and sent through the reply handling code for that UAC. This would
> trigger the branch_failure route and also the failure route when all
> replies are received, allowing faster response handling instead of
> timeouts.

yes, if tm:branch-failure cannot be activated directly from tm
[t_fwd.c:1520] then perhaps a fake reply can be generated from there.
that, however, goes beyond my knowledge of tm module.

-- juha