[sr-dev] sl_send_reply vs t_reply in async route

Matthew Williams matthew at flowroute.com
Tue May 7 23:55:10 CEST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> On 05/07/2013 04:25 PM, Matthew Williams wrote:
>
>> GIven a route[] that might be called either directly from the request
>> route (transaction does not exist) or asynchronously (transaction
>> exists), a way is needed to rationally choose between sl_send_reply and
>> t_reply.
>>
>> At the moment, I am using an intermediate async route and setting
>> $var(async) = 1 and then testing that when a reply needs to be sent. It
>> seems there could be a more elegant solution.
>>
>> One thought I had is a new tm function that will choose between t_reply
>> and sl_send_reply depending on whether a transaction has been created.
>>
>> Any other ideas? Or am I missing an obvious solution?
>>

> I think what you're missing is send_reply():
>
> http://kamailio.org/docs/**modules/4.0.x/modules/sl.html#**idp326112<http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.0.x/modules/sl.html#idp326112>
>
> -- Alex

Thank you, Alex, that's exactly what I was missing.

--
Matthew Williams
Flowroute LLC

*Important Notice: * This message is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  The information provided is confidential.
 Accordingly, any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of
this information by, or disclosure of it to, anyone other than the intended
recipient could have significant adverse effects and is prohibited.
relate to official business of my company shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by it.