[sr-dev] rfc: restructuring source code tree

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 7 15:47:41 CEST 2013

On 5/7/13 3:40 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Is there any discussion to be had about things that are currently
> compile-time options that should be runtime or modules?
>
> It's been discussed before (and I don't know if there is an easy way
> to do it), but it'd be nice to have SCTP as a module.
>
> I am sure some people out there must have some favourite compile-time
> options that'd be nice to have as runtime (in kamailio.cfg) options too.

It's on my plan to create a sctp module to collect the code depending on
the external libs. Still a bunch of code related to sctp will be in
core, but no longer a compile time option.

Anyhow, this topic can be approached during next irc meeting as well to
see if something else can be moved as a module to avoid re-compilation.