[sr-dev] Possible enhancement for 4.1.0: STUN as a module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:01:42 CET 2013

Hello,

On 3/27/13 6:06 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> To use Kamailio as an outbound edge proxy you have to compile in STUN
> support (which in turn makes the Kamailio core dependent on OpenSSL).
> It'd be good if the STUN code could be moved into a module (similar to
> TLS) for the next major release.
>
> This might also be a good route to take for some other things
> optionally compiled into core with "exotic" dependencies like SCTP.
I agree, at least stun part should be easy to pull and make a module,
following same model as for http/msrp/etc... I was looking also at other
core parts, like dnssec (which is still work in progress as I could get).

For sctp I am not sure how easy/natural it will be, being a completely
different transport layer. For tls was different being practically on
top of tcp from the core. But if the external libs calls can be moved as
part of the module and register some callbacks to be executed from the
core, then should be fine. I haven't checked the code right now, but I
guess the functions to create sctp sockets are part of libc, just some
helper functions are part of the libsctp.

Kamailio World Conference, April 16-17, 2013, Berlin
  - http://conference.kamailio.com -