[sr-dev] Accessing ruid

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 17:02:24 CET 2013

Hello,

On 3/4/13 12:20 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've added a new function into the pd/outbound branch to allow me to
> remove a specific contact based on ruid.
>
> I've noticed that ruid is already cached into an xavp when the
> registrar.xavp_rcd modparam is set.  I think this means in the
> "ordinary" case when I just call registrar.lookup() I can use the
> content of this xavp (in onreply_route() or failure_route()).  Is this
> the case?

I would add the ruid to branch_t structure, like it is now with reg-id
and instance. It will be more coherent. Then it should get into the
structure used by t_(load|next)_contacts() or the alternative functions
for outbound.

> Am I correct in thinking that this will not be enough when
> t_(load|next)_contacts() is used?  If this is the case can someone
> help me work out what needs to be done here?

Probably following how +sip.instance in propagated from registrar and
used later from tm should be the way to go. Hopefully the information
will be still available when you need it in failure route. Juha did this
part, so I am not that familiar with it, I can look deeper if you need,
though.