[sr-dev] [OFFTOPIC] Cross-posting

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Fri Mar 1 11:59:50 CET 2013

Le 2013-03-01 11:50, Olle E. Johansson a écrit :
>>> Please do not retransmit the same mail to multiple mailing lists.
>>
>> Cross-posting could be detected and prevented with some procmail magic. Just reply with a generic "You shall not cross-post" message to incoming mail that have both sr-dev and sr-users in the To: header. Problem solved, with free luser education as a bonus. :)
>
> Well, that works if they send the same email at the same time to both addresses. That wasn't the case here. Just the same content.

The "same email to both lists" type are the worst, because then all the
replies end up in both lists. I can live with allowing the same content
to multiple lists. ;)

(Same content to multiple lists could be used for announcements and such
"legitimate" cross-posts.)

Anyway, I'm not complaining, just trying to share ideas of solutions...

Simon
--
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca