[sr-dev] Dialog onroute requests.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 15:39:25 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 6/4/13 3:14 PM, Eduardo Lejarreta wrote:

> Good evening.
>
> Playing with latest "dialog module" versions (3.2, 3.3 and 4.0) I
> think there could be an open "issue" with regard to dialog state
> management.
>
> You can see on "dlg_handlers.c" on "dlg_onroute" function. On this
> last  when you receive a BYE message it fires some CallBacks.
>
> I you receive a close second BYE, this last one destroys the dialog
> because "dlg_release" function is called from a parallel process
> avoiding the other processes callback execution.
>
> I know a second BYE it's not a normal circumstance but you know, the
> real world ...
>
> I think dialog_ng doesn't have this issue but also it has no DB support.

can you give more specific details, like the lines of code you think may
have an open issue? A quick check, it seems dialog and dialog_ng have
the same processing of BYE request in dlg_onroute() and unref is done
only on transition state to terminate.

Kamailio Advanced Training, San Francisco, USA - June 24-27, 2013
   * http://asipto.com/u/katu *