[sr-dev] Fwd: notify process-dialogs() problem

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Jan 30 00:17:25 CET 2013

Hello,

The processing for presence.winfo and other events do require separate calls. This is because the processing of the dialogs in the first call can affect the processing of the dialogs in the second.

If all event types were handled in one call some processing would not occur until the next handling of the round - five seconds later.

It may well be the case that there is a bug in the loop as you described, but my statement from before still holds that the notifier stuff will never work properly in 3.3 due to DB limitations - even if you fix the bug you've found you will need to use the version in bit master to cope with any real load.

I suppose the DB limitations may not be an issue on a single server (non-resilient) presence configuration, but in that case you should use the default (non-notifier) setup for presence anyway.

Regards,

Peter