[sr-dev] Decisions, decisions, decissions - core directory

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Jan 18 14:31:56 CET 2013

18 jan 2013 kl. 11:37 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> On 1/18/13 9:56 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>

>> On 18.01.2013 09:04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Just a kind reminder of things discussed that I haven't seen a resolution on:
>>>
>>> - Merging modules into *one* directory (my proposal, backed by Juha)
>>>    Any pro's and con's?
>
> that can be done once the perl module is updated with changing openser to kamailio -- Stoyan Mihaylov sent already a patch for it. I will take care of it soon if nobody else does it meanwhile.
>
> But modules_k should be kept for a while, as modules_s is, just in case we need to revert something. Before the release we can review this situation.

Ok.

>>> - The DMQ module status - now "released". Should be "early alpha" is my personal view (my proposal)
>>>    Should propably be in a branch or at least marked as under development and needs help.
>
> If there are bugs, they should be in the bug tracker and taken care. This is the period for fixing the issues.
It fails to compile on OS/X and crashes when successfully compiled on Linux. I've mailed about it before, but has seen no one spend any time or love on that module. Seems like no other module use it either. I guess we need a maintainer.

The docs are in need of improvement too.

>>> - Moving core source code into /main directory away from root directory in the source tree (Juha's proposal, backed by me)
>
> I am not in favour of this one at this moment. It will break a lot of things (includes and more important the Makefile system).
>
> Besides those, I think a re-organization of the source code should be discussed more and find the best approach. Moving the core in one folder is not the only idea. I would consider also something like moving all the sources in src, then have sub-folders for core, libs and modules (maybe utils as well).
>
> It's already a lot for testing, losing time with (core) code reorganization and its effects is not appropriate. Should be done for next major release.

Ok, I respect that. Let's do that change after the release.

Thanks for the feedback.
/O