[sr-dev] Decisions, decisions, decissions - core directory

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 11:37:27 CET 2013

Hello,

On 1/18/13 9:56 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> On 18.01.2013 09:04, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Just a kind reminder of things discussed that I haven't seen a
>> resolution on:
>>
>> - Merging modules into *one* directory (my proposal, backed by Juha)
>>     Any pro's and con's?

that can be done once the perl module is updated with changing openser
to kamailio -- Stoyan Mihaylov sent already a patch for it. I will take
care of it soon if nobody else does it meanwhile.

But modules_k should be kept for a while, as modules_s is, just in case
we need to revert something. Before the release we can review this
situation.

>> - The DMQ module status - now "released". Should be "early alpha" is
>> my personal view (my proposal)
>>     Should propably be in a branch or at least marked as under
>> development and needs help.

If there are bugs, they should be in the bug tracker and taken care.
This is the period for fixing the issues.

>> - Moving core source code into /main directory away from root
>> directory in the source tree (Juha's proposal, backed by me)

I am not in favour of this one at this moment. It will break a lot of
things (includes and more important the Makefile system).

Besides those, I think a re-organization of the source code should be
discussed more and find the best approach. Moving the core in one folder
is not the only idea. I would consider also something like moving all
the sources in src, then have sub-folders for core, libs and modules
(maybe utils as well).

It's already a lot for testing, losing time with (core) code
reorganization and its effects is not appropriate. Should be done for
next major release.