[sr-dev] git:master: modules/tm: Added branch_failure event route to tm documentation

Hugh Waite hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Apr 9 11:28:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

The config syntax has not been changed to treat the branch_failure route
differently, so it does not understand about the BRANCH_FAILURE route type.
Functions that are run in an event_route need to have the EVENT_ROUTE
flag enabled (which is the same as REQUEST_ROUTE) to pass the config
syntax check.

The functions that I used were already enabled for REQUEST_ROUTE so this
problem didn't happen for me.

Hugh

On 09/04/2013 09:57, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Hugh Waite writes:
>
>    - Can I do everything I can do in FAILURE_ROUTE in this event route?
>    No. This event_route uses a new route type (a new BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE
>    flag internally) which means functions and PVs are limited to ones that
>    have this flag set. So far, I have enabled the functions that are
>    required to enable outbound flow retries.
>    Since this route is run in a very similar way to the failure_route, it
>    is likely that most functions that work in a FAILURE_ROUTE will also
>    work in a BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE just by enabling the flag, but it is a
>    matter of whether they are appropriate for this route.
>
> hugh,
>
> i tried to enable two new functions on branch failure route by including
> the flag:
>
> 	{"t_branch_timeout",  t_branch_timeout,         0, 0,  FAILURE_ROUTE|BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE },
> 	{"t_branch_replied",  t_branch_replied,         0, 0,  FAILURE_ROUTE|BRANCH_FAILURE_ROUTE },
>
> but i still get to syslog:
>
> 0(29943) ERROR: <core> [cfg.y:3412]: misused command t_branch_timeout
>   0(29943) : <core> [cfg.y:3554]: parse error in config file /etc/sip-proxy/sip-proxy.cfg, line 2559, column 32: Command cannot be used in the block
>
>   0(29943) ERROR: <core> [cfg.y:3412]: misused command t_branch_replied
>   0(29943) : <core> [cfg.y:3554]: parse error in config file /etc/sip-proxy/sip-proxy.cfg, line 2559, column 55: Command cannot be used in the block
>
> what is it that i still need to do?
>
> -- juha

Hugh Waite
Principal Design Engineer