[sr-dev] SNMPstats doesn't support IPv6

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 22:37:55 CEST 2013

Hello,

as I looked quickly at that code, seems to be from the initial snmpstats
or ratelimit module, moved in the core (during openser and then as lib
on the way to v3.0) because the other module needed it - perhaps got to
statistics part because was commonly used by the two modules.

In the meanwhile, Andrei reimplemented the old openser statistics with
the new counter api, so the statistics code in libkcore was trimmed a
lot (I guess the copyright line in the file is no longer valid, if one
checks in commit history who added the remaining code). The idea I
wanted to come to is that there was never a relation with IPv6 (sockets)
from the core, as it came there via a module during the openser times.

Otherwise, the core should be fully IPv6 enabled (since 2002 :-) ).

On the other hand is not easy to figure out which 'not used in IPv6'
module could get some issues there - testing in production on IPv6 is
the key to prove each use case.

I saw you fixed it already, thanks.