[sr-dev] SNMPstats doesn't support IPv6

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Sat Apr 6 16:07:35 CEST 2013

Hi!

I just tested and noticed that SNMPstats doesn't list any IPv6 interfaces we listen to. The OID seems to contain the IPv4 address, which doesn't really make sense in IPv6 and the code (using lib/kcore/statistics.h) assumes an IP address is four bytes long. I will have to google around to find out where this syntax came from and how we can implement something supporting IPv6 too.

I will start a wiki page where we can list modules and core code that has IPv6 issues that needs to be fixed. We need to make sure that new modules does not have any problems with IPv6 and also new transports, like WS.

Cheers!
/O