[sr-dev] Kamailio load stat

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 18:04:30 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/26/12 2:15 PM, Jason Penton wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> Does anyone know of a stat that indicates load in Kamailio. Here I am
> specifically looking to see how loaded my children are, whether they
> be UDP, TCP or SCTP, etc. A cool stat would be something like in the
> last t seconds children were busy 95% of the time on average., etc.
> Having a look at the udp receover code we could just time the
> processing loop for each process. I'm sure this would be similar for
> TCP/SCTP.
>
> Any stats like this already exist? or should I go ahead?
not sure what kind of operations you put there, but it might not be the
best place to put it in the core.

First check the benchmark module, it can get the duration of executing
the configuration file, by using some functions to start and end
measurement (e.g, use at start of request_route and before exit). You
can extend the module to do it more automatically, by registering
pre/post-script callbacks.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu