[sr-dev] Increase the size for the 'path' column in 'location' table

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:00:58 CEST 2012

Hello,

On 9/5/12 1:56 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:40:18 schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
>> Hi, I've experimented column size isues (too small) when trying to
>> store a double Path header in the location table. It seems that
>> current size is:
>>
>> lib/srdb1/schema/location.xml:
>>
>>      <column>
>>          <name>path</name>
>>          <type>string</type>
>>          <size>&uri_len;</size>
>>          <null/>
>>          <description>Path Header(s) per RFC 3327</description>
>>      </column>
>>

>> It seems to become 128 which is not enough at all for two Path headers
>> if the URI's contain parameters.
>>
>> Is it ok if I increase it to 512? any other file to touch?
> Hello Iñaki,
>
> 512 sounds a bit too large to me, this size is not used in any other fields in
> the database definitions. What about setting it to 255? Replacing the uri_len
> part with
>
> <size>&hf_len;</size>
>
> should do the trick. Then just run make dbschema, and commit also the updated
> database definitions.

dialog module uses 512 for each route set (caller/callee side), so
perhaps it should be used here the same, eventually defining a variable
for it and use it everywhere is stored a path/route set.

Besides regeneration of db creation scripts (with make dbschema), a
safety check has to be done to registrar/usrloc module to be sure it
does not use some static buffer of a lower size for handling the path.

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat