[sr-dev] Increase the size for the 'path' column in 'location' table

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Sep 5 13:56:42 CEST 2012

Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 13:40:18 schrieb Iñaki Baz Castillo:
> Hi, I've experimented column size isues (too small) when trying to
> store a double Path header in the location table. It seems that
> current size is:
>
> lib/srdb1/schema/location.xml:
>
>     <column>
>         <name>path</name>
>         <type>string</type>
>         <size>&uri_len;</size>
>         <null/>
>         <description>Path Header(s) per RFC 3327</description>
>     </column>
>

> It seems to become 128 which is not enough at all for two Path headers
> if the URI's contain parameters.
>
> Is it ok if I increase it to 512? any other file to touch?

Hello Iñaki,

512 sounds a bit too large to me, this size is not used in any other fields in
the database definitions. What about setting it to 255? Replacing the uri_len
part with

<size>&hf_len;</size>

should do the trick. Then just run make dbschema, and commit also the updated
database definitions.

Regards,

Henning Westerholt