[sr-dev] MSRP relay authentication

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:16:32 CEST 2012

Hello,

just remembered about this one ...

hmm, I would say now that the right method would be AUTH, not MSRP, but
as you pointed, in SIP and HTTP the method is the first token in
request. I guess you had no chance to test with some client or look at
specs to see if they clarify somehow.

In both cases, the method seems to be static anyhow, either AUTH or MSRP
(iirc, the authentication is done only for AUTH). Both have the same
length, so a quick hack would be to replace internally MSRP with AUTH
for this case. But probably the safest is to extend the auth api with a
function that takes the method as parameter, which is eventually used
from inside msrp module.

Probably before the next release I will put some efforts in this module,
as the interest on it seems to increase, one of the goals being to add
an internal hash table to track the connections - it should bring some
performance improvement versus using htable in config...

Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 5-8, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/kat
Kamailio Advanced Training, Miami, USA, Nov 12-14, 2012 - http://asipto.com/u/katu