[sr-dev] auth_db module not compiling

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Wed Oct 10 15:26:42 CEST 2012

Am Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 21:07:05 schrieb Shane Harrison:
> A bit new to this open source environment so not sure of the etiquette re.
> compile errors in master branch.

Hello Shane,

welcome. There is no special ettiquette w/r to compile errors, normally you
should be able to compile and run the master branch. So its fine to report any
errors, especially for common modules, on the devel list.

> Looks like pvar.h (line 167) has been changed post 3.3 branch.  Struct
> pv_elem_t has a member 'spec' that is now a pointer and previously wasn't.
> This is causing auth_db to choke on compile.
>
> Should I raise a bug report or is correct thing to do to discuss here
> first.  When I feel more "at home" would be happy to submit a patch to fix
> if that is the more correct road to follow - assuming it is not simply an
> issue my end.

There were some changes on monday to the modules_k/auth_db code. I've just
tested it, now it compiles on my machine. Do you can confirm this as well?

Best regards,

Henning