[sr-dev] WebSockets and NAT

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Nov 14 09:58:47 CET 2012

On 11/13/2012 11:17 PM, Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If the call gets established at the signalling level then Kamailio is
> doing all that it can do.
>
> Media NAT traversal for WebSockets is done using ICE and is a function of
> the clients - Kamailio does not have anything to do with this.  I have had
> problems using Boghe across NAT before - I am not sure the ICE
> implementation in there works properly.
>
> sipml5, however, will use the ICE implementation in the browser - which
> should work fine.
>
> A good test would be to see if you can make a call between two sipml5
> instances in different networks.  If that works then it strongly indicates
> that there is a problem with the ICE implementation in Boghe/IMSDroid.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Hello Peter,

Calls get established at the signaling level, no matter which network or
client. So I can leave Kamailio out of the equation. Also did some more
testing and can make calls between two sipml5 clients on different networks.
Regarding Boghe/IMSDroid, the devs at the company where I work are very
familiar with that framework so we'll figure that out. I'll do some
reading about ICE. No way it could be integrated like rtpproxy?

Regards,

Jeremy