[sr-dev] new columns in active_watchers/rls_watchers/silo

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:40:22 CEST 2012

Hello,

looking at changes in the database structure from 3.2 to 3.3, I noticed
the columns in active_watchers/rls_watches that have no default value
and cannot be NULL.

The usual issue with this kind of upgrades is that existing rows have to
be removed. active_watchers is with temporary records, and I guess that
is the same with rls_watchers. No persistent data is to be lost, right?

Another one is extra_hdrs in silo table. I think it should be allowed to
be NULL or default '' (empty string), so stored messages will not be
lost - the check over the code showed inserting '' if no extra headers
are present at message storage time.