[sr-dev] Basic SIP registration failure with the latest release of Kamailio, please HELP

Auro Tripathy Auro.Tripathy at wdc.com
Wed Jun 27 18:11:05 CEST 2012

Hi All:

I have had NO success in registering my SIP ID via my SIP client, jitsi.

How do I debug this? Where do I look?

Steps do far...

I have successfully created a subscriber with

kamctl add romeo romeo123

I also see that the Siremis web interface has been updated correctly.

When I use jitsi to REGISTER the subscriber, I do not see any response.

The REGISTER request is hitting the server but I don't understand the routing code well enough to debug it.

The expectation was that something this basic would work out-of-the-box :(

I'm following  instructions from the link below:
http://nil.uniza.sk/sip/kamailio/adding-mysql-support-kamailio-31-debian-lenny.

Please HELP.

-Auro