[sr-dev] uac_redirect regular expression in variables

Vicente Hernando vhernando at systemonenoc.com
Fri Jun 8 14:49:10 CEST 2012

Hello,

we would like to use functions like: set_deny_filter, set_accept_filter
in uac_redirect module but using a pseudo variable as input parameter.

I think on several approaches:

a) editing setf_fixup function, and use a trick like: if first character
is '$' and second is different from '$', we know it is a variable.

If first character is not '$' then it is a regular expression still not
compiled.

If first two characters are '$$' then it means a regular expression and
escapes '$' character.

b) create two new functions which accept variables. e.g:
set_accept_filter_v  and set_deny_filter_v

The goal is to accept or deny depending on incoming provider.

If speed performance penalty would be too high, may be using a hash
table of precompiled regular expressions would be a good idea?

Which approach do you recommend me from the community point of view?

Regards,
Vicente.