[sr-dev] Internal timers deviates form realtime

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Mon Jul 9 13:03:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

during the last leap-second i noticed the internally kept time (ticks,
ser_time()) deviates from the real time (time()). The difference is not
contant buf fluctuates around 11 secs. How is it possible that both times
deviate and how to prevent it?

This is (amongst other things) breaking authentication using nonces generated
on different hosts.

For debugging, I added a PV to print the internal ser_time(): $TSi, and got
this result:

xlog("L_NOTICE", "TS: $TS  TSi: $TSi");

Jul  9 12:54:00 devprx01 proxy3[28491]: NOTICE: TS: 1341831240  TSi:
1341831229

This behaviour survives kamailio restarts and survived host restarts until
july 2nd. After that, a host restart got both times in sync. I still have an
affected host i have not restarted since the leap second which still exhibits
this behaviour.

--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann