[sr-dev] IETF-RFCs and Diversion header

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:38:03 CET 2012

Hello,

Inaki, I pinged you since you may be more familiar with procedures about
all this IETF output, but maybe others here can provide useful
information as well.

At this moment the parser in Kamailio for Diversion header considers it
as with similar format as To header.

Diversion (defined in an *Historic* rfc5806) is obsoleted by
History-Info(*Standard track* rfc4244). Its definition in rfc5806 is:

Diversion = "Diversion" ":" 1# (name-addr *( ";" diversion_params ))

and it is like To header. However, a newer *Informational* rfc6044,
redefines Diversion as:

Diversion = "Diversion" HCOLON diversion-params
                                  *(COMMA diversion-params)

diversion-params    = name-addr *(SEMI (diversion-reason /
                           diversion-counter / diversion-limit /
                           diversion-privacy / diversion-screen /
                           diversion-extension))

So in rfc6044, the sintax allow comma separated bodies for one Diversion
header, which was not in rfc5806. Obviously, the current diversion
parser throws error, so I guess it has to be updated to accept a format
similar to Route headers.

My question is, apart of rfc number and the policy more recent (bigger
values) obsoletes older (lower value) specification, does the
Informational or Historic category to set some extra rules?

Btw, are people here still using (or ever used -- I didn't so far)
Diversion?