[sr-dev] kamailio-ser integration - status update

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:39:15 CET 2012

On 12/20/12 3:25 PM, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 20 dec 2012 kl. 15:17 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> most of the duplicated or ser-specific modules were sorted out at this time, next is the situation with the remaining ones.
>>
>> A) modules that will be renamed using a prefix 'uid_', because they have a database schema using unique id instead of username and domain:
>> - auth_db => uid_auth_db
>> - avp_db => uid_avp_db
>> - domain => uid_domain
>> - gflags => uid_gflags (not documented, but this module loads so called ser global avps)
>> - uri_db => uid_uri_db
> Apart from trying to help people not to change their db schemas - are there any functionality differences. If it's only the schema I think we can kindly force a change for a major release and make these obsolete. I  guess we just have to say "please" and duck. A major release should be able to change stuff, in my opinion. We've been maintaining dual code for many years to make migration to modules_k and modules easier.

There are some different functionalities (global avps, domain avps). The
most important aspect is that there are dependencies between them,
that's why some of them cannot be removed. I think it is fine to keep
them for a while at least, eventually giving 1-2 development cycles to
see the usage and ask people to move to the other alternatives if
discarding is the preferred way or no maintainers are taking care of them.

>> B) modules to become obsolete with some work to be done
>> - cpl-c - seems that giving a parameter with what user to be used for loading the cpl scripts will make k and s versions compatible
>> - maxfwd - different names for config functions
>> - nathelper - some extra functionality, not sure if can be kept completely
> Maybe Andreas can look into this, as there is a lot of work going on with nathelper and the new rtpproxy anyways.
I think Ovidiu Sas looked at it when he split the rtpproxy out in a
dedicated module.