[sr-dev] kamailio-ser integration - status update

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 20 15:25:38 CET 2012

20 dec 2012 kl. 15:17 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> most of the duplicated or ser-specific modules were sorted out at this time, next is the situation with the remaining ones.
>
> A) modules that will be renamed using a prefix 'uid_', because they have a database schema using unique id instead of username and domain:
> - auth_db => uid_auth_db
> - avp_db => uid_avp_db
> - domain => uid_domain
> - gflags => uid_gflags (not documented, but this module loads so called ser global avps)
> - uri_db => uid_uri_db
Apart from trying to help people not to change their db schemas - are there any functionality differences. If it's only the schema I think we can kindly force a change for a major release and make these obsolete. I  guess we just have to say "please" and duck. A major release should be able to change stuff, in my opinion. We've been maintaining dual code for many years to make migration to modules_k and modules easier.

> B) modules to become obsolete with some work to be done
> - cpl-c - seems that giving a parameter with what user to be used for loading the cpl scripts will make k and s versions compatible
> - maxfwd - different names for config functions
> - nathelper - some extra functionality, not sure if can be kept completely
Maybe Andreas can look into this, as there is a lot of work going on with nathelper and the new rtpproxy anyways.

> - textops - seems to have some extra cfg functions
> - pike - has a rpc command
I need to learn about this stuff, so I can take a first stab at porting the RPC command to modules_k. Time for xmas hacking.

I propably will regret that part of the mail :-)

/O