[sr-dev] exec module

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 13 08:29:46 CET 2012

13 dec 2012 kl. 01:41 skrev "Konstantin M." <evilzluk at gmail.com>:

> I did a small table of found duplicates, the same question is: which modules are valid ?

When merging SIP Express Router and OpenSER we had duplicates of many modules,
some of them using different database schemas. In order to keep backwards compatibliity,
the old SER modules continued to live in modules_s and Kamailio/Openser in modules_k,
merged modules in "modules".

This is why you see many duplicates. For the coming release, the developers are working
on obsoleting many modules that are duplicates, moving missing functions to the module
that will continue to exist and eventually trying to have as many modules as possible
in "modules".

SER and OpenSER/KAMAILIO users backwards compatibility for some time. It's been
a few years and now we're completing the merger by trying to eliminate the duplicated modules.

/O