[sr-dev] Status of outbound support

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Dec 6 15:24:44 CET 2012

Olle E. Johansson writes:

 One registered device has TWO registrations that I belive should have
 the same Q.

where is that specified?  outbound rfc does not have a single word about
q.

also, there is no mention that reg-id value has anything to do with the
order in which the contacts are tried.  rfc says,

   When a proxy uses the location service to look up a registration
   binding and then proxies a request to a particular contact, it
   selects a contact to use normally, with a few additional rules:

"normally" to me means ordered by q value.  first additional rule places
a clear restriction:

o  The proxy MUST NOT populate the target set with more than one
   contact with the same AOR and instance-id at a time.

the next one is not clear to me:

   o  If a request for a particular AOR and instance-id fails with a 430
      (Flow Failed) response, the proxy SHOULD replace the failed branch
      with another target (if one is available) with the same AOR and
      instance-id, but a different reg-id.

what if this another target has lower q than some other target?

-- juha