[sr-dev] Status of outbound support

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Dec 6 15:07:03 CET 2012

6 dec 2012 kl. 14:01 skrev Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:

> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> I haven't studied exactly the algorithm, but from what I understood, the
>> contacts have to be sorted also by reg-id. What is not clear yet for me
>> is if Q values still plays a role.
>
> i was wondering that too.  what is the relationship between q and reg-id?

This is how I parse it - which may or may not be wrong :-)

One registered device has TWO registrations that I belive should have the same Q.

So first sort contacts so that you have them grouped by contact and for the pairs with one or multiple reg-ids and the same instance, treat them as one contact when handling serial forking with Q values. One contact may have an inactive state, since the flow is down. In that case, select the next contact with the same instance id but a different reg-id.

We should always only use one contact in the set of contacts for one instance with different regid's.

>> First, it will require to propagate sip-instance and reg-id fields to
>> destination set (via branch_t structure) from usrloc/registrar -- just
>> adding some fields and copy the values as we do for example for path
>> and q.
>
> what if sip-instance is missing, but reg-id is present like in this
> register request from barasip?
>
> REGISTER sip:test.fi SIP/2.0.
> Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 192.98.102.10:5050;branch=z9hG4bKe8fc3b4174d10554;rport.
> Contact: <sip:0x8bac4f0 at 192.98.102.10:5050;transport=tcp>;expires=600;q=0.8;reg-id=1.
> Max-Forwards: 70.
> Route: <sip:192.98.102.10;transport=tcp;lr>.
> To: <sip:test at test.fi>.
> From: <sip:test at test.fi>;tag=a41662ae8ebfb044.
> Call-ID: 72e7f927a4be41a2.
> CSeq: 33968 REGISTER.
>
> or is it a bug in baresip?
Yes, that's clearly a bug. Outbound relies on the instance ID that identifies the device.

/O