[sr-dev] WebSockets and SIPCapture

Alexandr Dubovikov alexandr.dubovikov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:58:19 CEST 2012

Am 08.08.2012 11:25, schrieb Peter Dunkley:
> Hi,

Hi Peter,

> I've just been adding WebSocket transport support to the modules that
> I think need updating.  I believe I have got them all except
> modules/sipcapture.
>
> I think the update to this module should be in
> sipcapture.c:hep_msg_received(), but I am not sure what change to
> make.  The way that TLS seems to be handled here is that the HEP
> header uses the value IPPROTO_IDP - which seems to indicate some sort
> of fake protocol.  Previously TLS was the only fake protocol, but
> WebSockets (WS) and secure WebSockets (WSS) are also fake protocols
> (being encapsulated on TCP and TLS respectively).

OK, I will take some not used values to add support for WS/S sockets.
Normaly it must be done only for HEPv1/v2, because in HEPv3 we use
internal identificatation for protocol type.

> Is there anything simple I can do now, or does this mean the HEP
> protocol will need to be updated to support WebSockets?

ok, if you want do it by self, take not used protocol IDs and commit it,
but this must be done also for siptrace, not only for sipcapture

Wbr,
Alexandr.