[sr-dev] WebSockets and SIPCapture

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Aug 8 11:25:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I've just been adding WebSocket transport support to the modules that I
think need updating.  I believe I have got them all except
modules/sipcapture.

I think the update to this module should be in
sipcapture.c:hep_msg_received(), but I am not sure what change to make.
The way that TLS seems to be handled here is that the HEP header uses
the value IPPROTO_IDP - which seems to indicate some sort of fake
protocol.  Previously TLS was the only fake protocol, but WebSockets
(WS) and secure WebSockets (WSS) are also fake protocols (being
encapsulated on TCP and TLS respectively).

Is there anything simple I can do now, or does this mean the HEP
protocol will need to be updated to support WebSockets?

--
Peter Dunkley
Technical Director