[sr-dev] advertised_address in Record-Route

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Wed Sep 28 13:26:49 CEST 2011

Hi Hugh,

i think the common way to use an advertized address with the following function:

http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules_k/rr.html#id2547566

or to directly insert a route header using the textops-insert_hf function.
That is not the nicest way to do it, but it works in all my known cases.
But should definitely only use it, if you know what you're doing...

Kind regards,
Carsten

2011/9/28 Hugh Waite <hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com>:
> Hello developers,
>
> We are configuring a kamailio server that will be behind a UCARP virtual IP
> and/or SIP load balancers. This means we need to use the
> 'advertised_address:advertised_port' variables. The documentation states
> that these will be used in "Via headers and other destination lumps (e.g. RR
> header)", however it only seems to work for Via's and not Record-Route's.
> We have been using record_route_preset() as a workaround, but this does not
> allow me to add rr parameters onto it.
>
> I would like to fix the record_route code to use advertised address (if
> set), but the code for inserting Via's and RR's is very different; I'm not
> sure about the correct way to do this, or if the current behaviour was
> chosen for a reason.
>
> Can someone with knowledge of this area help me out here?
>
> Best regards,
> Hugh
>
> --
> --