[sr-dev] advertised_address in Record-Route

Hugh Waite hugh.waite at crocodile-rcs.com
Wed Sep 28 11:57:10 CEST 2011

Hello developers,

We are configuring a kamailio server that will be behind a UCARP virtual
IP and/or SIP load balancers. This means we need to use the
'advertised_address:advertised_port' variables. The documentation states
that these will be used in "Via headers and other destination lumps
(e.g. RR header)", however it only seems to work for Via's and not
Record-Route's.
We have been using record_route_preset() as a workaround, but this does
not allow me to add rr parameters onto it.

I would like to fix the record_route code to use advertised address (if
set), but the code for inserting Via's and RR's is very different; I'm
not sure about the correct way to do this, or if the current behaviour
was chosen for a reason.

Can someone with knowledge of this area help me out here?

Best regards,
Hugh

Hugh Waite
Senior Design Engineer