[sr-dev] RFC 5626 (Outbound) planned?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 10 14:47:32 CEST 2011

Martin Hoffmann writes:

> Do I understand you correctly that you want to use a set of edge proxies
> plus a set of registrars and it should create connections to all edge
> proxies and then register with all registrars via each of these
> connections?

if outbound rfc would have made it a requirement that each ua must
register via at least two proxies in its ob proxy set, then i would have
configured them with two and i could have been able to run those two
proxies in parallel (both active at the same time listening at their own
ip address).

but according to ob rfc, an ua is allowed to register only via one ob
proxy (for example in order to save power) in the set, which means that
in order to achieve redundancy, i have to setup a passive standby proxy
that receives the single ip address if the currently active proxy one
fails.

-- juha