[sr-dev] RFC 5626 (Outbound) planned?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Oct 10 15:25:51 CEST 2011

2011/10/10 Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
>> What are you proposing then Juha? not implementing RFC 5626 and
>> continuing with custom solutions that don't work well? continuing with
>> Contact rewritting? No please.
>
> what comes to nat traversal, what are the problems with contact
> rewriting?  so far it has worked quite well for me.

It's a hack! and it breaks SIP protocol as the UA should see a RURI
matching its Contact in incoming requests, rather than a rewritten
URI.

I cannot understand how the current hack should be preferred instead
of implementing RFC 5626. "It seems to work with current hack" should
not be a valid argument IMHO.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>