[sr-dev] RFC 5626 (Outbound) planned?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Mon Oct 10 14:15:50 CEST 2011

Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

> Forget the two ob proxies if you want. The rest of the specification
> is the best answer for NAT and TCP/TLS, much better than the
> half-solutions we use today (those that makes the registrar to mantain
> 40 bindings for the same AoR when the device is a movile using SIP
> over TCP and reconnects every few minutes).

i don't have anything against that when ua registers it tells its unique
id so that registrar can discard the old ones.

what i was trying to say that outbound does not bring any help to
implementing redundant sip infrastructure, where two active proxies
could have worked together each with its own ip address.

> What are you proposing then Juha? not implementing RFC 5626 and
> continuing with custom solutions that don't work well? continuing with
> Contact rewritting? No please.

what comes to nat traversal, what are the problems with contact
rewriting?  so far it has worked quite well for me.

-- juha