[sr-dev] setting up TLS connections from Kamailio

Wed Nov 9 16:01:36 CET 2011

IIRC on outgoing TLS connection the certificate validation only includes
verification of the certificate chain against the trusted root CAs. I
think there is no check which compares the SIP domain (R-URI, Route URI)
against the CN/Subject Alternative of the certificate.

Regarding certificate validation checks, I guess if you grep for
"set_verify" you should find the code where the certificate validation
checks are enabled. The validation itself is done inside openssl.

klaus