[sr-dev] build fail on ARM

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu May 5 11:11:51 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 04 May 2011, kasip at elektromaniak.wz.cz wrote:
> I once sent this message as a non-member and it was probably never looked
> on.

Hi,

yes, posts as non-member have a high chance of getting lost in the spam..

> I tried to compile kamailio on ARM A9  (omap4430) natively and failed with
> these errors
> CC (gcc) [kamailio]             atomic_ops.o
> ./tmp/ccm1k5em.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccm1k5em.s:35: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode
> `swp r4,r8,[r6]'
> /tmp/ccm1k5em.s:46: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode
> `swp r4,r8,[r6]'
> /tmp/ccm1k5em.s:191: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode
> `swp r4,r9,[r7]'
> /tmp/ccm1k5em.s:204: Error: selected processor does not support Thumb mode
> `swp r4,r9,[r7]'
> make: *** [atomic_ops.o] Error 1

This is probably because the atomic/atomic_arm.h does not fit to your
processor. There is probably some make cmd to disable it, but as a quick hack
you could try to just copy the atomic/atomic_unknown.h to atomic/atomic_arm.h
file.

> ALTERNATIVELY
> I have found openser 1.3.2-3 in debian lenny for armel achitecture.
> Is this version secure enough? (I mean - has no some remote code execution
> / db corruption bugs which are fixed in current kamailio version?)

In 1.3.X there are a lot of bugs which are fixed in later version. If they
will bite you in your setup, its hard to tell. But they are still some people
which use this version in a production setup, but i'd not recommend it for new
installations.

> I don't care about call authenticity or bookkeeping or protecting the
> uplink (because there is none)
> If it only lacks features, then it would be enough.

Have you tried to compile the latest kamailio 1.5 branch? This is from a core
POV much closer to openser 1.3.X, maybe it will work better for you? It should
have a lot more bug fixes that 1.3 misses. If you can't make the current code
work on your certain setup, id definitely recommend the 1.5 version.

Henning