[sr-dev] Patches for siptrace

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 15:30:04 CEST 2011

Hello,

let's keep the list on cc so other devs can participate and have idea of
what is going on ...

On 8/11/11 9:26 AM, Tristan Bruns wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> I tried using the message parser and textops to add the headers to the
> message but failed, probably because I did not manage to create a
> sip_msg struct that append_hf would update. (It worked when I used an
> existing sip_msg struct, [e.g. the one from sip_trace()] but not all
> trace-functions had access to a sip_msg [e.g. trace_sl_*])

Indeed, the functions for storing the message don't have the sip_msg
struct available. I was referring to parsing of received messages (the
mirrored traffic from other kamailios), where would be safer to use the
parser -- if there will be another proxy in between mirroring proxy and
storage proxy, it can add headers in between the X-Siptrace-...,
breaking the read.

Anyhow, that is very unlikely -- for the I will go with your patches and
update afterwards, when it is more time for it.