[sr-dev] Presence problem

Peter Dunkley peter.dunkley at crocodile-rcs.com
Tue Apr 19 11:17:34 CEST 2011

Hi Laura,

I have recently been testing presence with Kamailio as well.

> -          The change status of the presentity is immediately visible
>  by watcher with the only exception, when the user goes offline, the
> presentity keeps online in the watcher buddy list, any idea? Can you
> help me?

I have had the same issue with clients I was testing with.  In my case
it turned out to be problems with the client.

You should take a LAN trace from the client side and check that the
client logging out is properly updating presence status on log-out.  If
that is OK, then take a trace on the client still logged in, it could be
that the client is receiving the status update but not displaying it.

> The xcap table is empty. Do I need to configure also the xcap table?
> Or it’s automically done by kamailio presence server?

The xcap table will be empty for new subscribers.  When the client
requests a document (of supported type) from Kamailio that is not on the
server it will get a "404 Not Found" response.  The client should then
create a new document (with sensible defaults for the client) on the
server using an HTTP PUT.

If the client requests a document that is not of supported type Kamailio
will return a "500 Server Error" response and the client should continue
(if it can) without support for that document.

During my testing I came across a client that didn't support HTTP
authentication properly, so when Kamailio responded with a 401 the
client gave up instead of authenticating.  Disabling HTTP authentication
(take out the "#!define WITH_XHTTPAUTH" line in kamailio.cfg).

Regards,

Peter

--
Peter Dunkley