[sr-dev] Presence problem

laura testi lau.testi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:00:21 CEST 2011

Hi,

we are trying to setup a Kamailio as a SIP/SIMPLE presence server for chat
based on the guide published in SIP SIMPLE Presence Made Simple with
Kamailio 3.1.x on the site:
http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:presence:k31-made-simple.

The OS we are using is Linux RHEL 5.6 x64 and MYSQL as Database.

We found some strange behaviors  of the Kamailio basic presence, presence
rules functionalities. As suggested in the guide we created 2 users (Alice
and Bob) and both the latest jitsi (SIP communicator) to test it. The test
scenario is following by using either UDP or TCP protocol:

-          Alice add the Bob as a contact

-          Bob add the Alice as a contact

-          Alice change presence status

-          Bob change presence status

-          Alice send IM to Bob

-          Bob send IM to

-          Alice put the status offline

-          Bob put the status offlice

First, test the configuration without XCAP server load:

-          WITH_XCAPSRV is not defined

-          Use implicit presence rule modparam("presence_xml",
"force_active", 1) (from my understanding, without xcap we can only use
implicit presence rule without any authorization for the subscription

     Result:

-          Add contact is ok and the presence status is immediately visible
(because force_active = 1)

-          The change status of the presentity is immediately visible  by
watcher with the only exception, when the user goes offline, the presentity
keeps online in the watcher buddy list, any idea? Can you help me?

Second, test the configuration with XCAP server load and the configuration
is the same of the guide:

-          WITH_XCAPSRV is defined

-          Use implicit presence rule modparam("presence_xml",
"force_active", 0)

-          modparam("presence_xml", "integrated_xcap_server", 1)

    Result:

-          When Alice add the Bob as a contact, there is no popup to ask the
Bob authorization immediately.

-          When Bob change the presence status, Alice dosen’t see the
change(offline), but they can exchange IM.

-          When Alice goes offline, the popup of the authorization request
of the Alice is appear to Bob, Bob accept the request

-          When Alice come on line again, the same behavior, Alice always
see Bob is online even Bob change his status.

-          When Alice goes offline again, the Authorization Request come up
again to Bob just like Bob even Bob has accepted the request before. Very
strange

When we configured the kamailio with XCAPSRV and enable the xcap also in the
SIP communicator as suggested by the guide, we got the following error in
/var/log/messages when alice goes online:

Apr 18 16:35:01 kamailio3p1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[7561]: ERROR: <script>: =====
xhttp: resource-lists : sip:alice at 10.10.5.214

Apr 18 16:35:01 kamailio3p1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[7561]: ERROR: <script>: =====
xhttp: get sip:alice at 10.10.5.214 => /xcap-root/resource-lists/users/
sip:alice at 10.10.5.214/index

Apr 18 16:35:01 kamailio3p1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[7562]: ERROR: <script>: =====
xhttp: pres-rules : sip:alice at 10.10.5.214

Apr 18 16:35:01 kamailio3p1 /usr/sbin/kamailio[7562]: ERROR: <script>: =====
xhttp: get sip:alice at 10.10.5.214 => /xcap-root/pres-rules/users/
sip:alice at 10.10.5.214/presrules

The xcap table is empty. Do I need to configure also the xcap table? Or it’s
automically done by kamailio presence server?

Any idea? Maybe we have wrong configuration or is it a bug of kamailio?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Laura