[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Business] Kamailio v3.1.0 Released

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu Oct 7 10:52:21 CEST 2010

On Oct 07, 2010 at 11:10, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Juha Heinanen writes:
>
> > what about MALLOC_STATS?  why is it disabled by default?
> >
> > Oct  6 20:57:31 sip /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[7455]: WARNING: tls [tls_init.c:592]: tls: ser compiled without MALLOC_STATS support: the workaround for low mem. openssl bugs will _not_ work
>
> i did some digging and found that "ser" is compiled by default with
> MALLOC_STATS support only if flavor is sip-router. in Makefile.defs:
>
> ifeq ($(FLAVOUR),sip-router)
> # fast malloc statistics on
> FMSTATS ?= 1
> endif

No, it's compiled with MALLOC_STATS only if FLAVOUR=kamailio :
ifeq ($(FLAVOUR),sip-router)
# main binary name
MAIN_NAME=ser
else ifeq ($(FLAVOUR),ser)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ note the else

> and then:
>
> ifeq ($(FMSTATS), 1)
> 	C_DEFS+= -DMALLOC_STATS
> endif
>
> this is getting too complicated to understand.
>
> as i mentioned yesterday, i have not defined any flavor, when i build
> sip router.  what flavor does this then give to me?
>
> # flavour: sip-router, ser or kamailio
> $(call	set_if_empty,FLAVOUR,sip-router)

sip-router (if empty is set to sip-router).

> would i loose something if i specify that flavor is sip-router?

Right now for compiling there is no difference between ser and sip-router.
If you force no flavour or an unknown flavour (e.g. FLAVOUR="" or FLAVOUR=foo)
 the only difference it the binary name (sip-router instead of ser).

When installing, I think the only difference is that an unknown flavour
will not install any mysql script.

Andrei