[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Business] Kamailio v3.1.0 Released

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Oct 7 10:10:01 CEST 2010

Juha Heinanen writes:

> what about MALLOC_STATS?  why is it disabled by default?
>
> Oct  6 20:57:31 sip /usr/sbin/sip-proxy[7455]: WARNING: tls [tls_init.c:592]: tls: ser compiled without MALLOC_STATS support: the workaround for low mem. openssl bugs will _not_ work

i did some digging and found that "ser" is compiled by default with
MALLOC_STATS support only if flavor is sip-router. in Makefile.defs:

ifeq ($(FLAVOUR),sip-router)
# fast malloc statistics on
FMSTATS ?= 1
endif

and then:

ifeq ($(FMSTATS), 1)
	C_DEFS+= -DMALLOC_STATS
endif

this is getting too complicated to understand.

as i mentioned yesterday, i have not defined any flavor, when i build
sip router.  what flavor does this then give to me?

# flavour: sip-router, ser or kamailio
$(call	set_if_empty,FLAVOUR,sip-router)

would i loose something if i specify that flavor is sip-router?

-- juha