[sr-dev] [Kamailio-Business] Kamailio v3.1.0 Released

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:22:34 CEST 2010

  HELLO,

On 10/6/10 6:14 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> - starting with this version, there is a single stable branch for both
>> Kamailio and SER, so when you compile the sources, you must run first:
>>
>> make FLAVOUR=kamailio cfg
> daniel,
>
> what happens if i don't include FLAVOR=kamailio?  namely i have never
> done that when i have build sip router and haven't noticed any
> problems.  what have i missed?
literally two things:
- internal kamailio-style statistics (what you get when they are enabled
with kamctl fifo get_statistics all) -- iirc, they are exported by
snmpstats module, so it might be the only thing not working because of
this (or it is exporting always 0)
- AS (application server) extensions in TM - needed only by seas module
(ie some extra fields in transaction structure and callbacks)

First point will be fixed in next release, as we will migrate to new
counters API, which have less impact when updating statistics. Note that
these statustucs exist for quite some time (older than openser 1.3.x),
so far no performance impact was reported.

Second one, we will see what can be done to have it default.

I haven't listed the name of application as difference (along with
default config file) -- I don't consider it so.

http://www.asipto.com