[sr-dev] git:master: tm: support for changing the reply status in the script

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Thu May 27 11:20:34 CEST 2010

On May 27, 2010 at 09:29, Miklos Tirpak <miklos at iptel.org> wrote:
> Hi,

> >>there should be some other function added, what tm module does is only
> >>checking for the change. If you need it then I can add the function to
> >>modules_s/textops for instance.
> >
> >Exotic question: what would occur if I change a 180 response to 486 in
> >onreply_route? Transaction client must end in this case, would it
> >happen?
>
> to keep the feature simple, I disallowed this case. 1xx can be
> changed only to 1xx, 2xx to 2xx, and [3456]xx to [3456]xx.
>
> As far as I know Andrei added support for sending replies from
> onreply_route. You can call t_reply(486, "...") when the 180 is
> received if you wish, I think tm will cancel the pending branch
> properly. Hence, I did not care about this case, and just disallowed
> it.

Yes, one can t_reply() the transaction from the on_reply route. Note though
that this will act as the final reply (the transaction will be
terminated, no failure route will be called) and not as a per branch
reply.
If you want to change the per-branch reply, you need to use Miklos's
new addition with the limitation that you can't change the reply class.

Andrei