[sr-dev] xmlrpc

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 20:01:04 CET 2010

Hello,

On 03/01/2010 06:31 PM, Jason Penton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have taken the ideas from sip-router/ser/kamailio-3.0.0 regarding
> the XMLRPC management interface. I have used the ideas and
> incorporated them into kamailio 1.5 and I was wondering how useful
> this would be giving back to the community? If there is interest, what
> is the preferred way to distribute (there are a few minor changes to
> the core - msg_translator and receive)? I suppose a diff against the
> 1.5 svn would be the best?
>
> The advantages over the existing XMLRPC interface:
>
> 1. multiple processes to serve xmlrpc requests. Effectively, we use
> the tcp receive threads to process the xmlrpc calls.
> 2. no dependence on the Abyss server (this is a big plus for me)
> therefore, better performance and smaller footprint.
>
> ps. my motivation for this is that I had noticed performance issues
> and memory leaks in the existing mi_xmlrpc module in Kamailio.

I migrated to 3.0 but others might find it useful. You can create the
patch (as you said, against 1.5 svn) and upload it to SF tracker.
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=743022&group_id=139143&func=browse

Thanks,

Kamailio SIP Router Masterclass, Berlin, March 22-26, 2010
* http://www.asipto.com/index.php/sip-router-masterclass/