[sr-dev] xmlrpc

Jason Penton jason.penton at smilecoms.com
Mon Mar 1 18:31:49 CET 2010

Hi All,

I have taken the ideas from sip-router/ser/kamailio-3.0.0 regarding the
XMLRPC management interface. I have used the ideas and incorporated them
into kamailio 1.5 and I was wondering how useful this would be giving back
to the community? If there is interest, what is the preferred way to
distribute (there are a few minor changes to the core - msg_translator and
receive)? I suppose a diff against the 1.5 svn would be the best?

The advantages over the existing XMLRPC interface:

1. multiple processes to serve xmlrpc requests. Effectively, we use the tcp
receive threads to process the xmlrpc calls.
2. no dependence on the Abyss server (this is a big plus for me) therefore,
better performance and smaller footprint.

ps. my motivation for this is that I had noticed performance issues and
memory leaks in the existing mi_xmlrpc module in Kamailio.

Cheers
Jason