[sr-dev] [SR-Users] auth apis & radius (was: auth_radius - Segmentation fault)

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul andrei at iptel.org
Mon Jun 14 15:23:37 CEST 2010

On Jun 14, 2010 at 15:19, Henning Westerholt <henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Monday 14 June 2010, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
> > > Indeed the ser auth module is superiour in this areas to the kamailio
> > > one. I can't judge about the auth_radius side, as i did not used it so
> > > far.
> >
> > I have no idea about the radius part either (Juha knows better). The
> > problem is that right now if one wants to use auth from module_s and
> > radius, he/she can't and the quickest way to fix it is to temporarily
> > revive the modules_s/*radius stuff (which will have the unpleasant
> > side-effect of some path changes: modules/auth_radius =>
> > modules_k/auth_radius and modules/misc_radius => modules_k/misc_radius).
>
> Hi Andrei,
>
> so if i understand correctly the main problem is the name space colision in
> the auth api? What about renaming the auth API binding function, as you
> suggested in another mail and extending the docs a bit? Then at least it
> should work with auth from k, and we don't need to change the paths for this
> modules.

There is still the problem of specifying the path in  the cfg.
If one has loadpath "modules:modules_s", and laodmodule "auth_radius"
 => modules/auth_radius is loaded => problems.
OTOH if modules/auth_radius is moved back to modules_k/auth_radius
 => no problem for default cfgs for both ser and kamailio.

Andrei