[sr-dev] kamailio gets frozen when rsyslog-mysql cannot send the SQL query

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Jul 29 16:50:07 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 28 July 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> >> Being a multiprocess blocking design it would be a bit difficult such
> >> solution. Perhaps the "ping syslog" mechanism I suggested in my
> >> initial mail :)
> >
> > I thought it wasn't easy... But still, we need some sort of solution
> > since this can affect a lot of systems.
>
> Let me suggest this proposal:
> [..]

Hi Iñaki,

in fact kamailio have already such a solution since 1.5.0:

- non-blocking logging
  * support for non-blocking log writes to prevent blocking of the server in
    certain error situations
  * can be enabled by setting the SYSLOG_ASYNC define in the Makefile.defs,
    the default is the old implementation

We implemented it sometimes in the past because of a somewhat similar issue.
There is maybe still one bug left (need to dig for the report..), but in
general it should work fine. I'm not sure if we ported this to sr, but should
be not that hard.

Cheers,

Henning