[sr-dev] Makefile troubles

Timo Reimann timo.reimann at 1und1.de
Wed Jul 21 10:46:44 CEST 2010

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

>>> maybe the confusions come now from multiple directories storing the
>>> modules, in some cases you would need to use the name of the directory
>>>
>>> One of the features of the new makefile system is the ability to
>>> remember settings by two generated config files:
>>> - config.mak
>>> - modules.lst
>>>
>>> In this way is not needed to give all command line parameters to make
>>> and make install everytime.
>>>
>> Ah ok, good to know.
>>
>> So is there still a way to disregard those two files for a specific Make
>> run and use parameters given on the command-line only? Or do you always
>> have to edit config.mak and modules.lst?
>>

> these files are auto-generated. If you run 'make cfg', e.g.,:
>
> make PREFIX=/usr/local/kamailio FLAVOUR=kamailio
> include_modules="db_mysql presence presence_xml" cfg
>
> will create the config.mak and modules.lst with appropriate variable set.
>
> If you do not run 'make cfg', is automatically run by simple 'make'
> command, without any extra parameters.

Let's assume that I usually build a set of modules given in modules.lst.
Now, say I want to run another build where some modules missing in the
config file should be build, and let's also assume that I explicitly
want to ignore a bunch of modules which are included in modules.lst. The
build deviations should affect a single build run only but not any
subsequent builds.

Would I need to change the config file(s) for that special build (and
later revert them), or could I do it by means of giving Make parameters
that override cfg settings?

Cheers,

--Timo